Leidos currently has an opportunity for an Electromechanical Technician to work in our Columbia, MD office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Primarily supporting engineers by constructing and modifying limited runs of specialized electronic assemblies and prototypes in a quick-turn environment
- Performing hand soldering assembly and rework operations as needed.
- Performing BGA rework and underfill
- Inspecting electronic assemblies
- Assisting engineers in documenting and developing the order of operations on product travelers
- Assisting electrical engineers debugging products
- Programing semi-automated X-Ray inspection routines
- Researching new production equipment, gathering quotes, and making recommendations for future acquisitions
- Participating in design reviews
- Coordinating equipment maintenance schedules with the Facilities Manager and providing escort for uncleared contractors
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- High School Diploma
- Five (5) years of experience in construction, assembly, fabrication and test of electrical, electronic and mechanical prototypes and products with appropriate certifications are required.
- Must be familiar with IPC-A-610 (identifying defects, knowing differences between Classes 2 & 3)
- Must be able to solder at least 44ga wire and 0201 components
- Must be able to use a multimeter (Capacitance and resistance measurements, diode drops, continuity checks)
- Must be able to use basic hand tools
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Altium, and/or SolidWorks
- Leaded and Lead-Free soldering experience
- Basic machining experience
- IPC-A-600 and IPC-A-620 experience
- Oscilloscope experience
- RF experience
- Ability to read a schematic
- BGA rework experience (Airvac DRS25 or PDR IR3 preferred)
- Bare board fabrication experience
- X-Ray inspection experience
- Ability to accessed Gerber files and provided constructive feedback on board layout and panelization to PCB Designers
- Manual PCBA rework
- Surface mount rework equipment
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.