Change Management Coordinator (Greenbelt, MD)
The SE&I Change Management Coordinator will provide coordination and logistics support to the change management program on behalf of US Census Bureau’s (USCB) System Engineering and Integration (SE&I) team.
· Responsible for daily updates and tracking of changes through the SE&I Change Management process and adherence to process including receipt of appropriate impact analysis, approvals and implementation of changes.
· Track issues, create reports and facilitate the capture of Change Management metrics with change management tools.
· Communicate Change Requests (CR) to stakeholders across USCB and Technical Integrator (TI) team to ensure a consistent understanding of changes being requested.
· Coordinate activities related to SE&I Change Management (CCB schedule and logistics, agenda, action items, change process training, and process improvement).
· Coordinate Change Management activities with SE&I, CCB approval authorities, requestors, TI team and other stakeholders, specifically the collection of impacts required to assess change requests.as needed.
· Assist with developing and improving communication channels, and developing, improving, integrating, and documenting CM plans, processes, and procedures.
-Requires a BS Degree and 4-8 years of prior experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior experience.
· Familiarity with project management concepts, tools and phases of project lifecycles including both Waterfall and Agile.
· Familiarity with Change Management principles, methodologies and tools. Understanding of configuration management concepts and knowledge of industry best practices.
· Experience assisting with change management programs.
· Capable of multi-tasking, planning and managing multiple concurrent priorities. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard.
· Attention to detail and discrepancies.
· Comfortable working both individually and as member of a team. Experience working in a matrixed team environment and managing action items across multiple organizational units.
· Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context. Excellent active listening skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint),
· Knowledge of SharePoint and Project/Visio.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.