Senior Software Test Engineer
Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Software Test Engineer to work with an integrated software development team in Point Loma, CA. Our team focuses on forward-looking solutions which has made us a valued lifetime partner ensuring mission success. Position will support the US Navy in the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) domain.
The position will be responsible to lead the following activities:
- Assist the Test Team with the management, automation, and expansion of Test Automation Frameworks.
- Creation of a test automation framework using Selenium, Sikuli, Java, JBehave, TestNG and JMeter and other tools to automate functional tests.
- Develop Java programs that interface with the Stallion web service to generate simulation/stimulation scenarios.
- Provide subject matter expertise and recommend selection of tools for use within the test automation framework.
Required Education & Experience:
- Position requires US citizenship and a minimum Top Secret / SCI DoD security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-12 years of software engineering experience including 2 years’ with Agile-based software development techniques.
- Proven track record performing as a senior Test Software Tester or Test Director with past experience as a software developer; preferably with Java and Linux.
- Ability to write scripts supported by a selected automated test tool.
- Experience with Git as a source code repository tool.
- The successful candidate will have had Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Experience with continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins).
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
- The successful candidate will also have excellent written and verbal communications skills and will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
- Two years’ experience designing, installing and troubleshooting virtual and cloud data analytics environments, including the Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (TCRI) and the Agile Core Services (ACS) framework.
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as JBoss, Apache Tomcat, etc.
- Geospatial-based application development and web-portal frameworks such as Ozone Widget Framework strongly desired.
- Cyber, Information Assurance, and System Engineering skills are a strong plus.
- Ability to obtain an IAT-2 (e.g., for the Linux Operating System and Security Training, such as Security+).
- Experience developing in Linux and a virtualized environment.
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Linux, Windows, MacOSX).
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.