This is a temporary position with hours ranging from 10 to 60 hours per week depending on needs. Schedule is highly variable and unpredictable.
Leidos is looking for a dynamic person to work as an Environmental Scientist in our Norman, OK office. Self-motivated interaction and collaboration along with independent thought and excellent communication skills are highly desirable attributes. This position will support an existing team with current and future projects within our oil and gas program.
Job duties include:
• Working with supervisor and peers to collect and review environmental compliance data;
• Supporting (under supervision) site visit reports, guidance documents, and progress reports;
• Soil and Groundwater sample collection
• This position will involve field work 95% of the time with possible overnight travel for 5-6 consecutive days
• High school diploma and 1+ years experience with one or more of the following items, environmental sampling (soil or groundwater), reviewing scientific data and presenting environmental or geologic data via Microsoft Word or Excel, and data documentation
• Candidate must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including taking clear and legible field notes, and should be able to demonstrate these as appropriate during an interview process
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Self-starter and ability to work in a multiple contingency environment
• 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training desired but not required
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.