Lead Software Engineer
Work as a Software Engineer in a collaborative team-focused environment. Take responsibility for prototyping, designing, developing and integrating niche tools which will be used in an operational environment. Lead parts of software development efforts through all aspects of the software engineering life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, documentation, implementation, testing and integration. The candidate is expected to clearly present information; read and interpret information; interact with customers or stakeholders; listen well and work through others to obtain results. The work involves being able to ensure systems being developed comply with all customer regulations and technical requirements, help project teams prepare for customer and Program control gates; and keep customer and contractor management apprised of project or program status.
Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Creating new tools and applications using a variety of software languages, frameworks and libraries
• Refining and enhancing existing applications to better meet the customer’s mission.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and experience commensurate with the requested level in software engineering; if no degree, equivalent experience in software engineering.
15+ years of overall experience
• Track record of learning new techniques and/or programming languages as needed
• Demonstrated technical leadership, ability to influence and to work with a diverse team
• 8+ years of experience creating software applications using one or more of the following:
o C# or C/C++
• Basic understanding of computer forensic issues and techniques
• Experience with supporting software development tools such as version control systems, unit-testing frameworks and scripting languages
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.