Leidos is looking for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant to join our team in our Washington, DC office. This position will support onsite work for the Civil Division of the DOJ. This position has the wage determined by the government at an hourly rate of $21.36 plus $4.27 per hour for Health and Welfare benefits. Overall assignments include: Providing support and assistance for DOJ Civil Division case attorneys which includes significant organizational skills. The candidate will also be performing legal research and database search support. Assists with case files, preparing filings for the court, privilege review, deposition summaries, and preparing exhibits/binders for depositions and trial.
- 1 Year experience in a litigation support, electronic discovery and/or technology support environment.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills Proficient with Microsoft Office applications [i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.
- One year of experience in automated litigation.
- Hands on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging and telecommunications.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience working in a government or legal environment.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality of work under extreme pressure will be very important.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.