GeoRover Project Manager
Leidos ranks in the top 40 on LinkedIn's 2017 "Top Companies" list. We offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking a talented Project Manager to lead program activities for the GeoRover software suite. You will have overall responsibility for leading the GeoRover team in support of product development, delivery and sustainment for customers in the geospatial and intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) domains. The GeoRover software product line provides customer-focused solutions designed to increase the speed, efficiency and productivity of many common GIS workflows.
• Manage and maintain customer relationships to ensure that Leidos continues to be the “go to” provider for our customers.
• Manage and mentor program personnel to ensure continuing career development.
• Work with different customer groups on the program to ensure all schedules are filled, project manager processes are streamlined and implemented throughout the workforce, ensuring all SOPs and other documents are current and up to date, and working with each branch and division to ensure mission is met.
• Work with end customers and Leidos recruiters to ensure staffing requirements are filled and to ensure that Leidos labor category requirements are met.
• Brief the program’s status at multiple levels of management.
• Work with customers to help facilitate their own reorganizations and sanitizing/streamlining of processes.
• Oversee all of the financial and contractual, and sub contractual issues that arise.
• Ensure that project tasks are completed within deadlines and the tasking guidance from the customer is clear and unambiguous.
• Ensure that projects are properly and adequately funded on an ongoing basis and track multiple aspects/lines of funding and expenditures.
• Manage technical projects and teams that have mission driven priorities and deadlines.
• Address status and being responsive with customers and management.
• Ensure that project personnel are qualified to perform the given tasks and potential personnel problems are pre-empted.
• Remaining conscious of facility security practices and policies to ensure that are personnel are compliant;
• Establish and implement streamlined processes and procedures enabling the program to rapidly respond to project surge requirements.
• Direct daily operations of projects and teams by analyzing workflow, establish priorities, develop standards, set deadlines, and, if needed, take corrective action.
• Assign and review the work for project personnel.
• Stay abreast of advances in technology and recommend updates when appropriate.
• Technical or business-focused Bachelor’s Degree with related industry experience in Computer Science, software engineering, systems engineering, or network engineering
• 10 years overall technical experience/ 5 years in software development.
• Minimum 5 years experiencing leading diverse teams and supporting program staffing activities
• Experience with programmatic financials
• Experiencing managing a diverse workforce
• Knowledge of GIS products and processes
• Demonstrable experience implementing features across the software development team and development environment. (Agile methodology)
• Experience with business process/workflow design and development. Be able to use the comprehensive user engagement conducted by system engineering counterparts to convert the use cases, user interviews, and architectural artifacts into functioning software services.
• U.S. citizenship with an active Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Familiarity with development, marketing, sales and sustainment of software products
• Experience developing technology plan/roadmap
• Experience with software development tools such as: JIRA Agile, Stash, GIT, Confluence, Eclipse
• Experience with software testing.
• International marketing experience
• Experience implementing solutions for traditional, hosted-ISP, virtualized environments, and for use in Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments.
• Experience developing open standards-based solutions: web services, modern user interfaces.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.