Leidos is seeking a Business Development Manager for our Defense Maritime Operations and Logistics Business Development team. This individual will interface with domestic U.S. Defense and Intelligence customers.
Responsibilities include supporting various campaign business strategies, growing the pipeline and capturing new business in the Navy customer segment. This individual will focus primarily on engineering and technical services within NAVAIR, NAVSEA and their field activities, CNI and MSC.
Main activities include the following:
- Support the integration and partnership with the other Leidos LoBs to develop focused market strategies and support the development of the respective long range plans
- Support Leidos M-OLS TS business interests and related activities with; Leidos Corporate, Washington Operations, Corporate Business Development, Corporate Strategic Development, Corporate CTO, Corporate Treasury and others as required
- Assess and build effective customer relationships both externally and throughout the organization
- Continue to evolve BD organization and develop leaders to support business area growth
- Measures of effectiveness of the individual in this position will include:
- Ability to identify, qualify, shape and win new business opportunities
- Ability to establish market focused growth strategies
- Developing and growing the new business pipeline
- Capturing profitable and strategic new business
- Building strong internal and external teams
- Ability to penetrate new and adjacent markets
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Note: This position can be work from Washington Metro Area OR Norfolk/VA Beach Area
- Successful business development experience within industry base
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture management and teaming
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners
- Experience in milestone/gate review process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management
- Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Proclivity towards teaming and collaboration--must be a team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to develop, maintain and execute successful customer call plans is required.
- Experience in program management, project management, and/or capture management:
- Prior Military Experience
- Domestic & International experience
- Managing teams
- Ability to meet schedule and budgets skills
- Experience with NAVSEA, NAVAIR, CNI SPAWAR and OPNAV i
- Experience with Washington Navy Yard customers
- Experience with Navy RMCs/FRCs/FLCs.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.