Security Systems Engineer
Security Systems Engineer Gaithersburg MD
The Terminal Flight Data Management (TFDM) Program requires an experienced Security Systems Engineer.
The TFDM Program is an FAA NextGen program based on airport surface management concepts developed under Next Gen direction. TFDM capabilities will be incrementally deployed to provide efficiencies in the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing new integrated surface traffic control and management capabilities.
TFDM functions include:
• Surface Collaborative Decision making (SCDM), including departure scheduler and other airport decision tools; Electronic Flight Data (EFD); Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS); and replace or integration of multiple systems in the National Airspace System (NAS).
• TFDM will share data among controllers, aircraft operators, and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency.
• Stakeholders will have a shared awareness of flights on the ground and in the air, the ability to exchange data electronically, and a constantly updated picture of traffic volume and airport resources, which will help stakeholders to make flights more efficient from gate to gate.
The Security System Engineer responsibilities will be:
• Assess system changes and determine system impacts.
• Develop new integrated surface traffic control and management capabilities.
• Systems engineering development (A-Level and B-Level) including: systems design, system interface definitions, and sustaining engineering support through a product's lifecycle
• Implement Information Security directives, regulations, guidance, and controls specific to the FAA (e.g. FAA Security Certification and Accreditation Package (SCAP) process, 1370.82, NIST 800-27, NIST 800-41)
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Strong communication and writing skills and the ability to interface with the Buyer/Government customer
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to interface with other functional areas to ensure complete understanding of the requirements for complete and accurate implementation
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.