The National Security Sector of Leidos is seeking Specialized Skills Officers to support a client’s operational requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Washington Metropolitan Area. The positions require an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance with a polygraph examination. There is no exception to the clearance requirement. Successful candidates will work well in team environments and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. Candidates will be expected to effectively interact with customer personnel at all levels within the customer organization. The positions require prior experience in supporting HUMINT operations or familiarity with the Intelligence Community and its objectives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: In addition to the clearance requirement, successful candidates will demonstrate proficiency in manipulating various classified and open source databases in support of the client’s mandate to acquire Foreign Intelligence. The primary function of a Specialized Skills Officer is to collaborate with a team of intelligence professionals in support of HUMINT operations against priority targets. Candidates will be responsible for identifying targeting leads to enable a variety of intelligence operations through the exploitation of classified and open source databases. Successful Specialized Skills Officers will identify and evaluate possible counterintelligence concerns, drive HUMINT operations through written products and briefings, and empower core collectors by producing detailed targeting packages. Daily activities include:
• Review operational traffic for intelligence leads
• Draft comprehensive targeting packages in support of the client’s objectives
• Engage operational components within the customer organization to address targeting requirements and develop new leads for operational exploitation
• Conduct detailed searches on items of operational interest and relay pertinent data to relevant customer componentsQualifications:
REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: 1 year of experience related to intelligence research and targeting work is required. BA/BS or prior experience in supporting HUMINT operations or a related field as substitute for degree is required. Candidates must also meet the following skill requirements:
• Familiarity with cable writing styles and classified client databases, including specific targeting tools
• Strong briefing and writing skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision
• Demonstrate regional and/or functional expertise or a working knowledge of geographic regions of interest to the United States, including the Middle East
DESIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Customer certification as a Specialized Skills Officer is desired. Prior overseas experience, including operating in high threat areas, is also desired. External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.