Business Intelligence Specialist/Senior (NCI)
The Data Science and Information Technology Program (DSITP) is composed of five functional areas: 1) the Advanced Biomedical Computing Center (ABCC) provides scientific and bioinformatics support, 2) the CBIIT Technical Operations Support (CTOS) Group provides integrated program management, operational, development, and analysis support for major NCI initiatives sponsored through the Center for Bioinformatics and Information (CBIIT), 3) the Biomedical Informatics Applications Development (BIAD)Group develops scientific, clinical, bioinformatics, and biomedical leading-edge applications at enterprise scale using modern tools and techniques, 4) the Strategic and Data Science Initiatives Group focuses on establishing new collaborations in computing and data science to address cancer challenges and accelerate cancer research, and 5) the Program Administration and Operations (PAO) Office oversees DSITP’s business operations and contract deliverables.
The Program Administration and Operations (PAO) Office manages a $50M+ portfolio and provides support to the DSITP to ensure sound business operations by managing financials, contractual compliance, procurement, other operational functions.
Business Intelligence Analyst
This position will be part of the PAO, but will provide direct support to the Biomedical Informatics Applications Development Group. Specifically, the position will be responsible analyzing complex business problems and providing insight to decision makers. The position will be responsible for overseeing the BIAID portfolio of projects and tracking costs for each ensuring that costs stay within funding limits. Additionally, this position will prepare forecasts and make recommendations for plans to management based on business and financial data. The ideal candidate will be able to solve complex business problems and identify solutions.
This position requires excellent communication and analytical skills as this position is required to present complex information to diverse audiences. Additionally, a key part of this role will be to understand various perspectives, analyze against impacts, and make decisions for long term solutions. In addition, the successful candidate will be very process oriented, have close attention to details and be tech savvy to be able to use software tools used by both LBR and the customer.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
This is a dual level requisition. It may be filled at either a Business Intelligence Specialist or Business Intelligence Specialist Senior level.
For the Business Intelligence Specialist position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in a business discipline + 6 years of experience or Master’s degree with 2 years of experience
For the Business Intelligence Specialist Senior position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in a business discipline + 8 years of experience or Master’s degree with 6 years of experience.
Both the levels will require the following:
- Progressively responsible experience must demonstrate increased independence and overall responsibility for more complex projects at a program/directorate level
- Demonstrated experience with analysis of budgets and costs, including burn rates and cost projections
- Demonstrated ability of budgeting and cost tracking
- Ability to collect and disseminate information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to create Excel and database reports
- Ability to track multiple projects concurrently
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Expert with EXCEL. Use of EXCEL built in functions like table, pivot, formulae such as SUMIFS, VLOOKUPS, INDEX and MATCH.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of company policies as related to finance and funding management
- Knowledge of federal acquisitions regulations
- Knowledge of federal budgeting and cost management
- Ability to solve complex business problems and identify solutions.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.