COE Architectural Design Engineer
- Participates in the overall architecture design and engineering for the common operating environment (COE) related to network, storage, compute, security, and engineering to accommodate the data centers or “services” of the data center initiatives.
- Accompanied by the program manager or designee, presents the strategy and approach to DOL leadership for constructive collaborations.
- Reviews and performs technical assessment for given data centers or services in a data center
- Develops design and final design artifacts and documents to obtain the DOL review board approvals when necessary
- Participates in the development of Bill of Materials (BOM) when required
- May assist the Project Scheduler to develop and maintain the project schedules to include writing required artifacts for technical activities related to architecture, design, and procedures and knowledge transfer to enterprise operations.
Education / Experience: A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field is desired, and a minimum of 10 years experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered a substitute for a degree.
- Network Security
- Virtualization and storage technology.
- Developing quality and timely the architecture and engineering related deliverables, such as preliminary design, final design, bill of materials, and implementation approach artifacts.
- Performing competitive analysis on all infrastructure architecture and engineering technologies and/or other compelling strategies.
- Leading and/or participating in the development of architecture and engineering solutions taking into account infrastructure, data protection, high availability, resource management, automation, disaster recovery, and application requirements.
- Hands-on experience in data centers with a focus on Cisco Nexus, NetApp, HP, Cisco Wireless, VoIP, and data backups, Commvault experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.