CBRNE Technical Trainer
Serve as a Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) subject matter expert (SME) and trainer for the Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC) Special Project Office (SPO) and the ECBC Chemical Sciences Division. SME support will deliver expertise to Federal Government agencies in supporting the combat against Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD). As part of the is effort the SME shall be responsible in working with both Federal Government staff / officials and other Leidos support personnel in planning, executing, and completing field activities associated with WMD and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE) training, demonstration, field exercises, table top exercises and other duties as assigned by the Government Project Team Lead.
• Assists Federal agencies in research and development of countermeasures to chemical and biological agents and other WMDs.
• Serves and assists ECBC in WMD efforts as a technical member between the Special Projects Office and various classified and unclassified customers, to include: Department of Defense, Department of Justice and Department of Energy.
• Leads/supports CBRNE training events through the lifecycle – defining organizational tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP’s); integration of TTP’s with the training being offered; interfacing with CBRNE subject matter experts within ECBC; building a rapport with the customer; partnering with Chief, Special Plans Office to develop business.
• Assists in special projects for classified customers, to include chemical and biological solutions as it relates to engineering, construction, response, training and application.
• Articulates and communicates to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and timeframes for completion.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years of experience with CBRNE and WMD technical support to include field experience
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal relationship skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Experience in setting up, operating, maintaining, and calibrating field analytical equipment
• Ability to communicate effectively with government and contractor personnel
• Ability to coordinate team activities and offer expertise for the resolution of issues
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Minimum of Secret Clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
• BA or BS Degree in Chemical, Biological, or Emergency Management disciplines
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.