Leidos currently has an opening for a full time Test Engineer to provide software test support (development, integration, installation, information assurance, and operations) to a US Army Program.The ideal candidate should be able to work as a team member on a geographically distributed team. Position may be located in Aberdeen, MD; Alexandria, VA; or Charlottesville, VA.
• Support software/systems integration, testing, installation, and assessment of an Army software application
• Support requirements assessment, verification and validation activities.
• Support assessment of operational users and stakeholders on effectiveness of the deployed technical solution; make recommendations on how to implement solutions to feedback
• Provide life-cycle support, including maintenance, administration, and configuration management.
• Identify and troubleshoot technical problems and provide support to engineering teams developing technical solutions.
• REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Bachelor’s degree in engineering field and 4+ years related experience.
• Experience working with web-based software and environments (i.e. Apache, JBOSS, Tomcat)
• Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot Linux, Windows, VMware, and LDAP administration
• Experience with Amazon Web Services private cloud
• Extensive experience with Putty and Linux
• Working knowledge of portal and server software interaction, web-based application design and support, intelligence software applications
• Ability to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers, peers, and team members
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship and an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret clearance.
• Security+ or equivalent certification to meet DoD 8570 within 6 months of hire
• Limited Telework is permitted
• Experience with I2AR concepts, development, and environment
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.