Application Deployment Services Systems Admin
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Systems Administrator to support the conference center under the Information Technology Enterprise Management Contract within the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency. This position is located in Springfield, VA.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS UFS infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success.
Key member of a team responsible in providing 3rd level application and system support in order to manage Workstation Image and Application Packaging services, solutions and support project work across a broad spectrum of imaging and packaging technologies. Primarily SCCM, MSI and MDT.
Perform the following functions as individual assignments or as part of a team:
• Expertise experience with implementation of a product rollout for multi- agency/division/department, working with stakeholders, users and vendors, with multiple facets (e.g. Department deployment and migration planning including hardware, software, Software as a Service, testing, training, communication, work team meetings).
• Plan, Consult and Monitor all project related activities to meet aggressive schedule
• Gather, analyze and create rollout plans based on stakeholder’s readiness and availability.
• Plan, manage and facilitate meetings to develop a rollout schedule and plan collaboratively with the stakeholders.
• Carry out specialist technical and/or engineering activities in a professional manner in support of project and company objectives
• Carry out complex software packaging and O/S imaging assignments requiring familiarity and expertise with a broad field of engineering and technical knowledge
• Carry out and/or lead varied software packaging assignments requiring familiarity and expertise with a broad field of engineering and knowledge, which may include:
- Software planning and estimating, status monitoring and reporting
- Devising new approaches, applying existing criteria in new manners and drawing conclusions from comparative situations
- Software packaging and patching tasks
- Software prototyping and investigations
- Potential for software coding and unit testing
- System integration and testing
- Software release documentation
- Assistance and input to Enterprise Architecture Design and Development
- Tools customization and integration
- Potential for User interface design and development
- System release and deployment
- Research and development
- Correcting errors in existing maintained systems
- Making recommendations on the assessment of tools and software products
• Supervise and support Engineering staff as required
• Interfacing with the customer and system operators
• Perform System Testing, Deployment and training
• Work within the boundaries of company policies and procedures
• Prepare for and participate in mandated engineering reviews, including review of subcontractor involvement
• Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives
• Other duties as required
Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a ‘can-do’, pro-active, approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve Leidos objectives.
• Professional experience within the relevant technologies and domains
• Professional experience in object oriented design and development methodologies
• Professional experience in the software lifecycle, to a documented process using standard methods and techniques/tools
• Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex environment
• Demonstrated ability in providing direction and coordination to a team of professionals
• Knowledge of computer security procedures and protocols
• Competent imaging & packaging using thick (MSI) & thin (XenApp, ThinApp & App-V) distributions
• Packaging for VDI environments
• Advanced knowledge of MDT and SCCM/Configuration Manager
• Experience with MDOP and client virtualization technologies
• Intermediate knowledge of Windows Client Imaging and Deployment
• PowerShell automation leveraging WMI
• VBScript automation
• Developing/maintaining Custom MOF files
• Some WQL – Windows Query language experience
- HIgh School Diploma and 4 years relevant experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), technical and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work autonomously as well as contribute as a valued team member including: Strong level of skills with relevant technologies including:
- Admin Studio, SMSInstaller, InstallShield, vbscript and / or powershell scripting – MSI and EXE application packaging experience.
- Windows XP / 7 – Packaging for, and technical support experience with advanced knowledge of the Windows registry, file and folder security, local/domain user security, and operating system troubleshooting.
- TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, VPN, IPSec, and thin/thick/web application architectures.
- Windows Server Active Directory – technical support experience with knowledge of OU structures, AD security, local and group policy, and various scripting languages including Visual Basic Scripting.
- SMS/SCCM administration with specialization in MDT integration, upgrades, and software deployments.
- Microsoft Office Suite ‐ /2003 /2007 /2010 – Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project, Internet Explorer
- Intermediate planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate supervisory skills
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues of a more complex nature
- Intermediate initiative in developing and improving systems and procedures
- Intermediate problem solving skills
- Intermediate analytical skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels
- Ability to engage with key stakeholders at all levels
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.