Operations Research Systems Analysis - Sr
Leidos has a career opportunity available for an Operations Research Systems Analysis (ORSA), SR Analyst.
We are seeking candidates who can use rational, systematic, science-based techniques, advanced analytical methods, and critical thinking to inform and improve decision-making and complex processes or systems. In addition, candidates are required to: (1) Have a working knowledge of ORSA concepts, analytic techniques, and methodologies such as mathematical modeling, statistical analysis, mathematical optimization, simulation, stochastic-process models, expert systems, and decision analysis, and/or (2) Have a working knowledge of the characteristics of a learning organization to include systems thinking, personal mastery, mental models, shared vision and team learning.
* Conduct problem identification and requirements analysis
*Develop and document advanced analytical methods (i.e. data mining, statistical analysis, and mathematical models) to improve analytic tradecraft
*Apply decision analysis methods to evaluate analytic tools, data, and processes to determine their feasibility, usefulness and value, and present the results
*Develop threat, risk and mitigation models
*Develop framework for, and perform prioritization of, tools, data, and processes
*Research and document process workflows and data flows
*Perform resource allocation analysis
*Perform critical path analysis
* Develop predictive analysis methods
* Simulate the flow of data or events through analytic process workflows to identify process or resource constraints
* Perform analytic tradecraft requirements collection and analysis
* Facilitate decision making meetings and analytic exchanges
* Participate in team building research efforts, and sharing of analytical techniques and research methodologies
* Conduct analytic exchanges, organize data, and provide overall ORSA support to line program, and task managers as well as associated technical directors
Shall have a minimum of 15 years of work experience in operations research systems analysis or a related field, and a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable (for example, math, science, computers, engineering) field. Work experience shall include 5 years of Intelligence Community or comparable experience in operations research systems analysis or a related field.
* Shows creativity in the design and ability to identify, find, work with and/or develop advanced techniques. Develops creative solutions for problems of high complexity. Directs and provides quality assurance of complex problems carried out by a multi-person team. Challenges both the team and decision makers to ensure they understand the implications of their approach and recommended solutions. Coach and mentor more junior members of the ORSA profession. Identify hidden issues and unclear requirements. Provide guidance to resolve complex trade-off analysis.
* Understands and can explain the strengths and limitations to modeling and analysis techniques and help choose the appropriate techniques for a particular problem. Challenges the quality of data and can validate modeling results. Understands the basics of facilitation and can lead teams through the modeling and analysis process. Trains/mentors others in the basics of modeling and analysis. Clarifies distinctions and definitions, can detect and remove biases, and directs assessments around the main drivers of requirements identification and satisfaction, risk identification and mitigation, and effective communication of results.
* Should be able to create and apply the appropriate modeling and analysis techniques given a problem. Should be able to collect required data, elicit data for variables required, verify data appropriateness and accuracy, present findings and write/edit technical reports. Helps teams identify the steps needed to implement a course of action. Be open to learning and experimenting with innovations to analytic tools and methods.
* Shall have demonstrated skills in analyzing intelligence and/or related information and technical data, documenting information and processes, interpreting analytical results, writing and editing skills at technical/professional level, and managing internal and external customer relations. Shall be an effective mentor and communicator
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.