Leidos is looking for a Senior Paralegal who will support the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice in Washington, DC. The responsibilities includes:
-Works under the direction of a Supervisory Paralegal or a Project Supervisor.
- Will have direct contact with DOJ attorney's.
- Work products are reviewed prior to submission, however, often develops these products with minimal direct supervision other than written guidelines.
- In addition to functions performed by Paralegals, performs moderately complex legal research, synopsizes transcripts of hearings and oral arguments for attorney use; reviews case related materials and ; for example, identifies potentially conflicting statements or areas requiring further investigation; writes preliminary drafts of simple legal memoranda and correspondence.
- Paralegal certificate.
- At least two years of litigation paralegal experience.
- At least one year of experience in automated litigation support.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging and Hardware systems.
- Hands on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently delivery quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Must have either an existing secret or top secret (preferably) clearance.
- Must be able to obtain a NACI clearance.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Experience working in a government and or legal environment as a Senior Paralegal / Legal Assistant II.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software programs (i.e. Word and Excel) strongly preferred.
- Automated litigation support experience very helpful.
- Experience using web based Databases / Workspaces (i.e. Concordance , Relativity) desirable.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.