Help Desk Technician
The PC/Help Desk Technician will provide Tier 2 and 3 support. Candidates must have excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity. The successful candidate must be customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
● Typical duties include:
● Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop and laptop PCs and peripherals, such as printers
● Installing and configuring application and operating system software and upgrades
● Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues
● Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines
● Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licensing, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades
● Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
● Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization
External Referral Eligible
● Clearance: A CURRENT TS/SCI CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED FOR EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION. CANDIDATES WITHOUT AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
o Microsoft Specialist certification in Windows 7 or Microsoft Specialist certification in Windows 10
o CompTIA Security+ (Must be current)
● Experience: HS Diploma and at least three years of previous experience working as a PC/Help Desk Level 2/3 Technician.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.