Capture Support Mgr
The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operations of Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Capture Support Manager. This position will be located at a Leidos facility in Columbia, MD.
This Operation has a primary market focus as a solutions provider in the intel community. This capture support manager must thrive in an environment where she/he is responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The capture support manager works directly with capture managers and program managers to refine our win strategy through technical solutions development, effective teaming, staffing and pricing strategies. This individual works with a capture team to advance opportunities through the pipeline and develop winning proposals. Tasks associated with this role may include teaming analysis and scope definition, competitive intelligence & assessments, development of marketing materials, capture planning, writing of white papers and request for information responses, win theme workshops and proposal development.
The ideal candidate will have worked in business development and/or program management in the consulting industry for the intel community. Characteristics necessary for success include: the ability to gain internal support and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Perform market research to include customer preferences, competitive analysis and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
• Coordinate and participate in meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop win strategy for specific opportunities.
• Develop materials to support customer meetings, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, proposal kickoff materials and proposal reviews.
• Write RFI responses and white papers.
• Proposal writing, proposal management and leadership of management and technical volumes to include project management plans, basis of effort development, technical volumes, past performance and staffing plans.
• Interacts routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field and 12-15 years of related experience
- TS/SCI security clearance
- Travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 20% per month in the greater DC area to support proposal development efforts, which may require overnight stays
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced degree preferred
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Capable of growing into a capture manager role for larger opportunities
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.