Provide senior-level business process reengineering and software analysis support for Leidos’ Priority Services SETA Task Order with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD). Work is accomplished without significant management oversite and direction. Responds to both internal and external customer requests and requirements as necessary. Finished work is reviewed only to ensure desired results and responsiveness to customer requirements. Works on specialized assignments on an as-needed basis.
1. Work both independently and as part of a team on a software re-engineering effort of the TSP web application (TSPWeb) in support of the DHS Office of Emergency Communications (OEC) Telecommunications Service Priority (TSP) Program Office. TSPWeb is a web application that provides support to the TSP Program Office, TSP Users, and TSP vendors.
2. Interview TSP Program Office staff and other stakeholders as needed to analyze current TSP Program Office business processes and TSPWeb application. The components of the system consist of the hardware, software, data, and related communications components.
3. Audit/review existing processes and provide technical expertise to recommend enhancements.
5. Draft requirements for restructuring or rewriting part or all of the system without changing its functionality.
6. Recommend redesigned software system to make TSP Web more responsive and more efficient, ultimately improving stability and maintainability of the system. Redesigned system should have long-term sustainability (widely used code language) at low cost.
7. Ensure software/application meets DHS security standards and best practices.
8. Provide recommendations for achieving one secure system (that integrates the e-forms module, internal reports module, etc.) that is available to the TSP Program Office, users, and vendors.
9. The results and recommendations of this analysis shall be clearly described in a Roadmap document. Final Roadmap document will incorporate Government comments on a Draft version.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Requires demonstrated experience in network architecture, web development, and IT system security.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Strong analytical and problem solving skills, good interpersonal skills to communicate with clients and management, technical skills to communicate with software with software developers, ability to write technical requirements, propose software solutions and specify system architectures.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.