JAVA/ColdFusion Software Engineer
The Civil Health Operation of Leidos is seeking a JAVA/ColdFusion Software Engineer in Rockville, MD to support a development program for the Food & Drug Administration.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the JAVA/ColdFusion Software Engineer position include but not limited to the following:
• Collaborate with business analysts, other developers, and test engineers on the team to produce high quality software that delivers business value and follows established design patterns and processes
• Develop, Code or modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity
• Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Troubleshoot production problems within assigned applications software
• Assist less experienced staff in user specifications, coding, testing, and debugging.
• Work with business users to develop and implement acceptance tests to ensure that product meets customer requirements and expectations.
• Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Actively engage in process improvement initiatives
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 8 years of experience or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Experience in software development and COTS integration processes
• Expertise developing in ColdFusion 11
• Experience developing using Java/J2EE
• Ability to prioritize, status, and multitask
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
• Experience using cfquery, creating ColdFusion components (CFCs), using/creating ColdFusion custom tags
• Experience using Ajax
• Experience developing ColdFusion web services
• Experience with Weblogic, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and Unix/Linux
• Experience with Oracle 11g/12c databases, PL/SQL
• Previous experience with JQuery, JSF
• Previous experience Log4j
• Previous experience with JUNit or JMockit
• Experience in parallel development environment managing overlapping efforts impacting same function
• Demonstrated understanding of full software development lifecycle, including quality gates (inspections, unit testing, early integration testing)
• Experience with Agile practices
• Experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.