Cyber Security Watch Officer
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Cyber Security Watch Officer at the JFHQ DODIN Operations Center on Ft. Meade, MD.
The Cyber Security Watch Officer will enable Command and Control (C2) of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) by ensuring its overall health through 24/7 monitoring, directing, controlling, coordination, de-conflicting, synchronizing, and reporting the current status to JFHQ-DODIN staff.
The candidate will support GSMO Task Order 30.
Execute in real time, in accordance with mission requirements:
- Incident handling
- Triage of events
- Network analysis and threat detection
- Trend analysis
- Metric development
- Vulnerability information dissemination
- DoD CNDSP methodology
Coordinate Computer Network Defense (CND) operations with DoD Component Commands/Services/Agencies/Field Activities (CC/S/A/FA) and monitor and report effect of DCO-IDM operations on CC/S/A/FA missions.
Have knowledge of DoD Computer Network Defense with an understanding of the lifecycle of the network threats, attack vectors, and network vulnerability exploitation.
This position is a shift work position and could require you to work Day shift, Afternoons, or Overnight, as well as, potentially weekends and/or holidays.
External Referral Eligible
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 6+ years of overall related experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with various Microsoft technologies such as MS Office 2013 and Sharepoint
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ce.
- SIEM Tool Experience (ArcSight, Splunk, Wireshark, etc)
- ITIL V3
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.