Leidos currently has an opening for an Electronics Technician to work in our Orlando, FL office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position supports project and engineering activities. Duties may include assembly, troubleshooting, calibrating, and maintaining equipment, components, devices, or systems. Also may conduct testing and determine methods or actions to correct malfunctions or design problems. Recommend modifications to engineering designs as necessary.
Works to achieve day-to-day objectives that consist of non-routine activities and have significant impact on the work output. Works independently under limited supervision. Solves initially unclear problems and issues, which may require some analysis to understand and resolve. May be required to use discretion to solve problems or improve the effectiveness of the project. Communicates with contacts typically on same project and within the organization to obtain or provide information on matters of moderate importance. Has a basic understanding of all aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
· At least 4 years of relevant experience.
· Experience with MILES or other Live Training systems
· Experience with Ground Combat Platforms
· High level understanding of MS Office applications
· Knows how to read and interpret drawings, schematics, BOM’s, Work Instructions with minimal oversight.
· Team-oriented personality and a drive to learn.
· Demonstrated ability to creatively troubleshoot and solve problems, and analyze performance problems.
· The candidate must be willing to travel.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
· MILES Training philosophy
· JIRA, Confluence, ePDM and eDrawings experience a plus
· Understanding or experience with Army domain simulation training.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.