Leidos Corporate Finance Group has an opening for a Staff Accountant in Oak Ridge, TN. The Staff Accountant reports to the EBO General Accounting Manager.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate new prepaid assets and formulate accruals
- Research and allocate indirect suspense transactions
- Prepare and record journal entries (e.g., accruals, debt, prepaid amortization, cost transfers, suspense clearing.)
- Prepare periodic account reconciliations related to balance sheet accounts
- Analyze and evaluate certain key account balances and fluctuations
- Document and describe the reasons for significant account balance fluctuations
- Support the gathering of information for internal and external auditors and government compliance reviews
- Prepare periodic schedules to support financial reporting and tax
- Respond timely and professionally to inquiries
- Interface with corporate departments (e.g. FP&A, Risk Management, Government Compliance, Accounting, and Tax) as needed
- Ensure compliance with relevant Leidos accounting policies, GAAP, SOX, FAR and DCAA requirements
- Escalate unresolved issues to direct supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and at least 1 year of experience in Accounting or Finance-related field.
- Good verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office with strong skills in Excel
- Shared service center accounting experience
- Public accounting experience
- Hyperion and accounting systems experience (Deltek Costpoint preferred)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.