International Trade Associate
The International Trade Associate will advise the Group on all matters related to international travel or conducting business with international relevance. In accordance with Leidos corporate policies, the International Trade Associate shall guide the Group in compliance with all import and export regulations including but not limited to the ITAR, EAR, BATFE, OFAC and Census Bureau Regulations.
This position can be supported from any Leidos offices.
- Provide direction, input and guidance to the Senior International Trade Manager for ASG and all Division employees including education and training in export controls in conjunction with Corporate International Trade Compliance (CITC) guidelines.
- Provide export/import compliance advice and guidance to contract representatives and program managers for particular international business projects via in-person meetings, telephone discussions and e-mail exchanges.
- Participate in conferences with technical experts to determine export/import control requirements for complex technical projects via in-person meetings, teleconferences, and e-mail exchanges.
- Work with the Leidos technical point of contact to review presentation materials - including oral delivery and anticipated Q&A - for technical data (as defined in the ITAR – 22 CFR 120.10) prior to technical presentations to non-US persons in the US or abroad.
- Review all documentation including publications, web-site postings, slide presentations, demonstrations, or videos developed within the BU to ensure that export-controlled data is not contained therein. If required, coordinate submissions to the Office of Security Review (OSR).
- Review and approve all International Travel via the International Travel Request System (ITRS) in order to ensure license requirements (if any) are addressed prior to business unit employee travel. Reviews include but are not limited to hand carry or shipment of technical data or ITAR or EAR-controlled items and proposed interactions with foreign nationals.
- Review, amend, and submit export licenses, jurisdiction requests and authorizations to empowered officials for further submission to the appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Review and approve foreign national hires within the Group to ensure export compliance and to obtain licenses as required.
- Serve as an export compliance reviewer for the International Business Review Board (IBRB) electronic review system and approve proposed Group international business activities that are compliant with applicable U.S. export regulations prior to routing through the IBRB system for corporate approval.
- Coordinate all Export and Import Shipments: Review /sign Shippers Letter of Instruction (SLI) and Commercial Invoice for all hardware exports and work with shipper to coordinate with Leidos approved freight forwarder. Ensure that mandatory AES filings are completed by freight forwarder.
- Draft DSP-73 license applications for the export of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and submit to Corporate International Regulatory Compliance for review/submission to DDTC. Provide training and review Export Approval documentation of DSP-73 licenses for PPE exports.
- Responsible for approving and reviewing for accuracy any requests for the export of PPE made under a DSP-73 license and/or PPE items controlled under the EAR being exported under License Exception.
- Compliance: Maintain records of all export authorizations and document shipments against active licenses and maintain records in the online storage database.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of experience in contract administration, program management, logistics, or export / import. Additional relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of international and US contracts process or import / export compliance
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop expertise and judgment in complex areas of regulation.
- Excellent people skills and time management.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.