The candidate will be responsible to help design, build, and integrate applications in Java, Ruby, Python and/or C#. Candidate will lead parts of projects through all aspects of the software development life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, coding and unit testing. In addition, will assist in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. In addition, candidate will:
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Own the delivery of part of a system or application, and serve as the POC on various components of the system.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
This position requires a dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver needed for an opportunity on a team tasked with designing and building the future of the customer's organization. The candidate selected for this position will be someone who has the aptitude and enjoys tackling challenges which often haven't been solved anywhere else. Due to the unique nature of the team, the candidate needs to be someone who can design and implement solutions without step-by-step instructions or strictly defined requirements. The work will be challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.
- Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of software engineering experience is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with networking and network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, SSH, VPNs)
- Understanding of cloud technologies and offerings (IaaS, PaaS) as well as hands-on experience with Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
- Advanced knowledge of either Linux or Windows (or both) and scripting (Bash, Python, and/or Powershell)
- Experience with various web technologies and protocols (Apache web server, HTTP, etc.)
- Proven ability to accomplish assigned tasks with little supervision.
- Presentation skills and the ability to explain advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical team members
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.