Leidos has a career opening for a Network Engineer in Laurel, MD.
The Network Engineer will assist in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks; Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents; Implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment; Analyzes network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of and/or modifications to network components.
• Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
• Identify and document workaround solutions for errors.
• Analyze network and telecommunications system logs and identify potential issues.
• Create and maintain network and telecommunications systems diagrams and configuration documentation.
• Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
• Provide monitoring support of accredited network and telecommunications systems for compliance with Certification and Accreditation.
• Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Plain Old Telephone (POTs) phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, switches, infrastructure and related telecommunications trunk circuits.
• Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain VoIP phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, and call manager systems.
• Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Video Teleconference (VTC) systems and video recording/viewing/distribution systems.
• Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) TDMA IP-based satellite systems.
• Perform module, unit, subsystem, and system level testing following documented method and procedures.
•5 years experience as a Network Engineer is required.
•Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required;5 years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
•Must possess and maintain one of the following current certifications: CCNA or Network+
•Must be able to routinely lift 35 lbs
•Currently possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.