JOB DESCRIPTION: The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Technical Targeter for an Intelligence Community customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government contractor team supporting an exciting counter proliferation and counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) WMD mission. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility. Candidates must have a TS/SCI with a polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
Successful candidates will work well in team environments and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. Candidates will be expected to effectively interact with customer personnel at all levels within the customer organization. The positions require prior experience in supporting HUMINT operations or familiarity with the Intelligence Community and its objectives.
Successful candidates will conduct all-source analysis and research from multiple sources (classified and open source) and targeting databases focusing on Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), including in biological weapons. The primary function of a Technical Targeter is to assist in performing target analysis and research, using a variety of analytic tools and data sources (classified and open source) to perform research and analyze priority intelligence targets and problems that support the government mission. Conduct technical target analysis that leads to the collection of information that addresses intelligence gaps concerning capabilities and computer networks, with an emphasis on technical collection operations.
Successful candidates will identify and evaluate possible counterterrorism and counterintelligence concerns, drive operations through written products and briefings, and empower decision-makers by producing detailed, high-quality reports. They will also identify and evaluate possible counterintelligence concerns, drive HUMINT operations through written products and briefings.
In this role, the candidate:
- Shall work on a team performing analysis and geospatial processing using commercial and NTM source data to provide geospatial data preparation in support of geotechnical characterizations and test bed analysis.
- Review operational traffic for intelligence leads
- Draft comprehensive, high-quality reports in support of the client’s objectives
- Engage operational components within the customer organization to address mission requirements and develop insight in support of operations
- Engage operational components within the customer organization to address targeting requirements and develop new leads for operational exploitation
- Conduct detailed searches on items of operational interest and relay pertinent data to relevant customer components
- Manage a full range of operational and support activities for overseas missions
- Serve as the primary point of contact for an overseas office and/or a volume of ongoing cases
- Provide operational guidance for ongoing cases, ensuring any CI issues are identified to protect the client’s personnel and facilities
- Design particular classified activities, propose recommendations, and identify the pros/cons of possible operational scenarios
- Coordinate legal and policy issues affecting cases and overseas offices
- Provide in-depth research on existing cases, and intelligence assessments using all-source and classified information
- Provide briefings on cases to senior customer officials, identifying potential issues on cases
- The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of the various intelligence disciplines and the Intel Community.
- Collaborate with team members on analysis topics and research.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS or at least 5 years of experience supporting intelligence operations
- 10+ years of experience supporting intelligence operations
- 3+ years of experience conducting analysis of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), specializing in biological/chemical weapons
- 2+ years of experience supporting field operations
- 3+ years of experience following and implementing Intelligence Community procedures and practices
- 3+ years of experience with technical collection within the Intelligence Community
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical information
- Familiarity with cable writing styles and classified client databases, including specific targeting tools
- Strong briefing and writing skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate regional and/or functional expertise or a working knowledge of geographic regions of interest to the United States, including the Middle East
- Demonstrated experience writing high-quality reports and briefing for a senior audiences
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of data and using it to generate various levels of reporting to decision-makers
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with representatives throughout the IC in person, by telephone and through written correspondence
- Have a working-level ability with all components of Microsoft Office.
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI w/ poly level clearance.
- Background in counter proliferation, WMD, electronic publishing, imagery analysis, or all-source analysis
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.