Senior Scientist - Biologist
The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Senior Scientist/Biologist for an Intelligence Community customer. The successful candidate will work as a member of science-oriented, government contractor team supporting an exciting counter proliferation and counter WMD mission. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility. Candidates must have a TS/SCI with a polygraph clearance in order to be considered.
The candidate shall provide subject matter expertise and support analysis and geospatial processing of data. The team will be using commercial and NTM source data to provide geospatial data preparation in support of geotechnical characterizations and test bed analysis.
The preferred candidate will:
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of the identification, procurement, manufacturing, production, weaponization of potential biological agents.
- Review test results, combine data, and analysis to support the generation of analytic reports for dissemination.
- The successful candidate will working knowledge of the various intelligence disciplines and the Intel Community.
- Collaborate with team members on analysis topics and research.
- Master’s degree in biological sciences or related field from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), Ph.D. is preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of post-graduate experience with 1-2 years of related experience in analytical biology
- Demonstrated conducting research and analysis that aid in the identification of potential biological weapons
- Strong organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Skills: The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the IC and must have:
- Ability to brief senior staff officers and partners
- Work cooperatively as a team member and provide guidance to government analysts to build effective customer relationships
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with representatives throughout the IC in person, by telephone and through written correspondence
- Have a working-level ability with all components of Microsoft Office.
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI w/ poly level clearance.
- Background in counter proliferation and WMD
- The successful candidate will have a geospatial background.
- Relevant experience in the following: Geospatial Analysis, Intelligence Community, geospatial data formats (vector and raster data), intelligence fusion analysis, creating geospatial intelligence products, familiarity with various network domains, GIS software (ESRI ArcGIS Suite, ERDAS), and customer data products and standards.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.