Senior Systems Administrator Job
Date: Dec 25, 2014
Location: Annapolis Junction Md, MD, US
The National Security Sector of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior System/Security Administrator with an active TS/SCI with Polygraph Clearance in Annapolis Junction, MD.
This individual will be responsible for server/router/firewall configuration, account creation, security management, and application performance optimization functions. The environment includes Microsoft-based servers, databases, and workstations as well as VMware and Linux server instances. The network includes a local LAN enclave in Maryland plus enclaves at several remote sites across the country, and WAN links connecting the enclaves.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintain a complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration
- Providing network administrative support for development, deployment, and problem identification and remediation of the enterprise network environment
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work
- Developing and implementing migration plans and coordinating redesign efforts with the system engineering team
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline and 8 years of experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in shell scripting in both Windows and Linux environments
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team
- Must be able to interact effectively with software developers and integration and test engineers at all levels
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Experience with configuration/administration of the following: Apache 2.x web server, Tomcat 5.x, Cacti configuration/administration (knowledge of SNMP), Nagios, CVS, SVN
- 13 years development experience / 10 years Java
- 7 years of JEE experience
- 5 years of software development in a Unix/Linux environment
- 5 years of solid OOAD experience
- Experience with Big Brother
- Experience with database configuration/administration (Oracle, PostgressSQL, MySQL)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Perl and Python
- Layer 7 Policy experience
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Job Posting: Oct 27, 2014, 10:00:50 AM
Primary Location: USA-MD-ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION MD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
Nearest Secondary Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: System Administrator, Engineer, Administrative Assistant, Database, Oracle, Technology, Engineering, Administrative