Life Scientist Job
Date: Apr 4, 2014
Location Apg, MD, US
Leidos has a current job opening for a Life Scientist. This opportunity is located in Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD.
Leidos has an opening for a scientist in the field of biology for a customer-site position located within a US Army research center. The candidate will participate in studies that include biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, and microbiology studies. The successful candidate will enhance the understanding of advanced capabilities resulting from an ongoing research, development program within a multi-disciplinary organization dedicated to biodefense research & development.
- Support individual research projects and overall research programs, while using expertise in one or more of the following areas: biochemistry, cell biology, biology, molecular biology, ecology, veterinary science, and biochemistry.
• Use advanced data reporting techniques, mathematics, and statistics in order to conduct and report their research.
• Initiate and implement interactions and collaborations with scientists and managers from a variety of disciplines. Perform work on sensitive projects to meet deliverables set forth by the customer in the area of biodefense research.
• Responsible for following budgeted project costs, and tracking project deliverables.
• May be required to enroll in the PRP (Personnel Reliability Program) which requires medical screening/monitoring, the ability to wear a gas mask (respirator), and random drug screening.
• Position involves working with potentially pathogenic materials which include the need for work in a BioSafety Lab 3 environment.
- Ph.D in Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or Biochemistry with an emphasis on molecular biology and protein biochemistry with 1-3 years of related experience is required.
• For security reasons, U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret clearance are inflexible requirements for this position.
• Must have experience in eukaryotic cell culture, in vitro plate-based assays, toxicology studies, and high content image analysis.
• Experience working in a US Military research center.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to collect, organize and track inputs from multiple resources.
• Independent self-educator with a proven academic/publication record with creative approaches to problem solving, quantitative measurements, and excellent writing/presentation skills.
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2013, 4:21:10 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-APG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Job Segment: Toxicology, Scientific, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Scientist, Science, Engineering