Senior Information Assurance System Administrator Job
Date: Dec 23, 2014
Location: Beltsville Md, MD, US
Leidos (formerly SAIC) is looking for a Senior Information Assurance System Administrator to work for the follow-on effort of a program we are currently performing as the Prime in Laurel, Maryland. Program includes IT support, systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, information systems security (ISS), and 24X7X365 muti-tiered support to mission-focused offices.
Candidate must have an active Top Secret SCI security clearance and a polygraph.
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Configure and manage Linux, UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain virtual environments
- Build, configure, monitor and maintain storage environments
- Ten (10) years experience as a SA is required.
- The Certification associated with the "Information Assurance Technical" category (IAT) in accordance with the Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program (DoD8570)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated experience is required with at least one of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate – Sever (MCSA-Serv) or;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert-Server (MCSE-Serv) or;
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or;
- Computer Technology Industry Association - Linux + (Linux +) or;
- Linux Professional Institute -Level 1(LPI-1) or:
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) or;
- Sun Certified Systems Administrator (SCSA) or;
- VMWare Certified Professional (Vsphere 5) – VCP5 or;
- Computer Technology Industry Association - Network + (Network +) or;
- Computer Technology Industry Association - Storage + (Storage +)
- Additional certifications from the Required Skills.
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Job Posting: Aug 29, 2014, 3:03:20 PM
Primary Location: USA-MD-BELTSVILLE MD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: System Administrator, Engineer, Database, Information Systems, Security Clearance, Technology, Engineering, Government