Systems Administrator Job
Date: Sep 30, 2013
Location Landover, MD, US
Leidos' Integrated Systems Group currently has an opening for a UNIX Systems Administrator in the Suitland, MD area.
The UNIX Mid System Administrator activities shall encompass client/server operations and maintenance, configuration management, installations, performance, capacity planning and office automation, system management, backup/recovery, trouble calls, account management, configuration management, and cloud computing.
The UNIX Mid System Administrator will perform the following activities:
• Monitoring and analyzing system/application activity and performance.
• Providing installation, maintenance, administration, upgrading, security, documentation and configuration.
• Ensure that all workstations/servers have the most up-to-date signature file release for that reporting period.
• Coordinate routine software or hardware preventive maintenance and backup schedules with the Government and other vendors.
• Respond via telephone to server or critical watch outages and where required, provide on-site support.
• Create accounts for Network access submitted through Remedy ARS system with the work log updated accordingly.
• Maintain server configuration documentation and provide scheduled and ad hoc reporting.
Candidates must have 3 years’ experience with Solaris 10 or later. Candidates must have the following experience and knowledge:
• Thorough understanding of UNIX/Solaris 10 or newer system Administration
Candidates must have the following certifications:
• 1 Windows Certification
- Candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance
• Candidates must meet DoD 8570.1M requirements
Portions of SAIC to be renamed Leidos, Inc., subject to stockholder approval and consummation of a separation transaction if approved by SAIC board of directors. SAIC is pursuing a plan to separate into two independently traded companies; one that provides technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services primarily to the U.S. government (new SAIC), and one that delivers technical solutions in national security, engineering and health (Leidos, Inc).
Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Job Posting: Aug 1, 2013, 3:47:56 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-LANDOVER
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Nearest Secondary Market:
Job Segment: Engineer, System Administrator, Cloud, Unix, Military Intelligence, Engineering, Technology, Government