Chief Cybersecurity Consultant Job
Date: Dec 1, 2014
Location: Mclean Va, VA, US
Leidos is seeking a Chief cyber security Consultant for a vibrant and growing cyber security practice focused on commercial verticals, including energy, health care, and financial services. Additionally, this practice may also provide general information security consulting for federal government customers as needed. This position requires experience in the areas of IT security, regulatory environments, corporate governance, network architecture and design, risk management, and security assessment. Experience working with electric utilities, oil/gas companies, financial services firms, or health care organizations is highly desirable. It is expected that this position will require travel of approximately 25-50%.
- Assess, synthesize, and document customer business requirements
- Connect cyber security goals and objectives with the business mission
- Evaluate cyber security risk in the context of business requirements
- Perform analysis of customer and industry specific compliance requirements and gap analysis of customer systems and procedures.
- Development of detailed remediation reports and recommendations for compliance and security improvements across industry verticals based on changing threats.
- Contribute to industry and governmental bodies
- Develop strategies based on requirements, market trends, products, and technologies for use with customers.
- Support business development and marketing activities, including conference presentations, articles, blogs, and customer meetings
- Regularly interacts with customer and may interact with senior management
- Advise on technical architecture design, product selection, and detailed implementation guidance
- Develop customized cyber security programs for customers
- Contributes to the development of organization's goals and objectives
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: An advanced degree in a related technical field and 15 years of experience. Specialized experience includes: technical leadership and the use of analysis, design methodologies and/or design tools in the development and implementation of projects.
- Previous consulting is required with a minimum of 12 years of experience in the cybersecurity field
- CISSP or equivalent certification
- Familiarity and experience working with NIST, ISO 27001, NERC CIP, NRC, HIPAA, GLBA, and other security standards, regulations, and control frameworks
- Expert understanding of common network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, Ethernet, routing/switching protocols)
- At least two years of hands-on experience at least two of the following: penetration testing, incident response/forensics, software development, security operations, network security design/implementation, SIEM design/implementation
- At least two years of experience performing business process analysis (in conjunction with cybersecurity work) for at least one of the following: electric utilities, oil/natural gas companies, large banks, brokerages, large insurance companies
- Ability to execute in a methodical manner to gather, document, and present specific customer requirements
- A passion for cybersecurity consulting and willingness to constantly learn more
- Dedicated to continued professional development
- Ability to manage project finances and lead teams of consultants depending upon the engagement
- The candidate must have excellent technical, communication (verbal and written) and time management skills as well as the ability to visualize/execute projects are essential
- Industrial control system protocols (e.g., ModBus, DNP3) understanding and experience
- Experience performing radio frequency analysis and exploitation
- Industrial control system specific vulnerability assessment and remediation experience
- Understanding of Utility and/or Oil and Gas Control systems
- Familiarity and experience with funds transfer, payment systems, trade matching and execution, settlement activities, insurance underwriting and risk analysis
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft)
- Familiarity and experience with electronic medical record systems, medical insurance payment systems, medical diagnostic and treatment device security
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Job Posting: Feb 13, 2014, 9:11:53 AM
Primary Location: USA-VA-MCLEAN VA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: USA-NY-NEW YORK NY, USA-CA-SAN DIEGO CA, USA-FL-MIAMI FL, USA-CA-LOS ANGELES CA, USA-TX-HOUSTON TX, USA-TX-DALLAS TX, USA-TX-SAN ANTONIO TX, USA-CA-SAN FRANCISCO CA, USA-WA-SEATTLE WA, USA-CA-SACRAMENTO CA
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Consultant, Consulting, Engineer, ERP, Contract, Engineering, Technology