System Administrator II 603658 (NCI) Job
Date: Jul 1, 2014
Location: Rockville, MD, US
The Cancer Genomics Research (CGR) laboratory is a fast-paced, high-throughput genotyping and sequencing facility dedicated to the support of genetic and epidemiologic studies for investigators at the National Cancer Institute.
The incumbent will join the Operations group at the Cancer Genomics Research (CGR) laboratory in Gaithersburg, MD and will support our growing need for computational resources, data storage and data archiving necessitated by the migration of Division research into next-generation sequencing and other data-intensive applications. This position will be tasked to maintain, optimize and improve all required systems for a sequencing and genotyping laboratory consisting of HPC, NAS, server, and laboratory/personal workstation infrastructure.
- Possession of a Bachelors degree in biomedical science/math/computer related field from an accredited college or university or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree.
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to education requirements, a minimum of 2 years related experience is required.
- The ideal skill set will combine strong computational and problem solving abilities with a demonstrated aptitude to learn and leverage diverse systems technologies (including, but not limited to HPC, NAS, Apache/SSL, VM, LDAP, RAID).
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux and Windows environments are a must, with preference towards administrative experience of these systems.
- Scripting and programming experience is required along with proficiency in modern languages.
- This position is subject to obtaining a public trust clearance.
- Knowledge and/or experience with informatics.
- Knowledge and/or experience with genetics/sequencing data/workflows.
- Shell and/or Python scripting experience desired.
Leidos Biomedical Research Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is accelerating the development of new technologies and treatments for patients with cancer and AIDS. Leidos Biomedical is the operations and technical support contractor for the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, a federal national laboratory.
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Job Posting: Mar 7, 2014, 11:31:35 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: System Administrator, Genetics, Engineer, Laboratory, Technology, Science, Engineering, Research