Junior Cyber Security Event Analyst Job
Date: Mar 4, 2014
Location San Diego, CA, US
Leidos has a career opportunity for a Cyber Security Junior Event Analyst to support our customer.
Leidos is looking for a dynamic person to thrive in this Junior level Analyst role focusing on detection, prevention & response to threats against our customer's enterprise. Analyst is responsible for monitoring multiple security technologies using a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool to detect IT security incidents. The analyst will follow detailed operational process and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents This role is an integral part of the Security Operations Center (SOC) and its mission to provide security situational awareness.
- Monitoring of security events in the SIEM, as well as other security feeds, and GSIRT communications (email, phone, chat, and other communications).
- Triage of incoming security events, perform preliminary and secondary analysis, validate events, and escalate to management if events deem additional response action.
- Documenting event analysis and capture and analysis of artifacts in sufficient detail that the analysis process can be passed to other cyber security personnel. Analysis will be entered into the ticketing system.
- Monitoring of security appliance health, basic troubleshooting of security devices, and notification of security engineering as necessary for malfunctioning equipment.
- Follow detailed operational process and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Provide 24x7 Operational support; on a rotating/static shift schedule (including overnight shifts)
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
•Bachelor’s Degree (Additional experience, certifications or education may be considered in lieu of degree).
Basic understanding of SIEM technologies (ArcSight, McAfee etc.)
•General" technical skills, includes TCP/IP knowledge, networking and security product experience
•Strong written and verbal communication skills
•Willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of network- and host security technologies and products (such as firewalls, Network IDS, scanners) and continuously improve these skills
•Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, able to be coached and help peers
- Candidates must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Security+, Network+ or other industry standard certifications in networking.
•1+ years of information security related experience, in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, and vulnerability management or testing, system patching, log analysis, intrusion detection, or firewall administration.
SIEM (McAfee Nitro or HP Arcsight experience strongly preferred)
Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
Operating Systems: Strong understanding of Windows and Unix/Linux low-level operating system functionality
Networking: Strong understanding of enterprise-level networks, networking protocols, devices, and architecture
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Job Posting: Feb 3, 2014, 11:48:24 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Night Job
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segment: Engineer, Cyber Security, Military Intelligence, Secret Clearance, Security, Engineering, Government