Sr Systems Engineer Job
Date: Apr 10, 2014
Location St. Louis, MO, US
The Senior Systems Engineer will provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise in support of the Leidos Advanced Communication Systems offering. The successful candidate will work on projects varying in size, but having a focus on large campus area networks. Work will include network design, planning, and implementation as well as proposal support, team leadership, and product development.
•Make product selections, complete integration testing with other cabling components, document designs, and make adjustments based on changing requirements.
•Review requirements and specifications developed by others and render comment and recommendations as part of a formal consultant peer review process.
•Work on a diverse team to design medium to large cabling infrastructure which encompass many component layers.
•Serve as a technical expert for team members to reference, as a liaison with equipment manufacturers for product logistics and improvements, and as a resource for customers in the design of complex solutions.
•Research, evaluate, and recommend new tools and technologies to system engineering staff.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of directly related overall network engineering experience. 10 years of related of experience may be substituted in place of a degree.
• BICSI RCDD is a must, ESS, OSP, Technician, CTS-D and PSP are pluses
• PMP preferred or ability to obtain within 6-months of hire
• OSHA 30 preferred or ability to obtain within 6-months of hire
• Demonstrated strong experience in designing large cabling solutions with WAN technologies.
• Recent experience in the design, integration, and implementation of large cabling infrastructure projects.
• Proficient in creating a detailed design of cabling components or the integration and modification of a design into an existing environment.
• Proficient with current network technologies and standards to include IEEE, ITU, EIA/TIA, I3A, UFC, and related communications standards.
• Background supervising other network engineers and providing expert technical support on network installation projects.
• Working knowledge of security systems, AV systems and advanced technologies such as DAS and GPON
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2013, 1:10:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-MO-ST. LOUIS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI CI Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-VA-CHARLOTTESVILLE, United States-OK-OKLAHOMA CITY
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: R&D Engineer, Engineer, Security Clearance, Product Development, Systems Engineer, Engineering, Government, Research