Structural CAD Technician Job
Date: Dec 3, 2014
Location: St. Paul Mn, MN, US
Leidos Engineering, LLC is looking for someone to join their family of employees as a Senior Structural CAD Technician. This is a full time opportunity to work in a team environment on industrial and commercial projects as well as interfacing with client companies. You will be working on leading edge technology providing solutions to retail/commercial clients.
Leidos Engineering, LLC, a subsidiary of Leidos, INC, is a solutions-based firm that provides comprehensive A&E design, environmental services, systems engineering and integration, advanced communications systems design and in-house design build project delivery. The firm provides specialized consulting services to support project development in a variety of sectors including: corporate design; industrial and manufacturing; Federal & DOD; education and training; energy; health care; research; transportation; oil, gas & chemicals; and mission-critical facilities.
- Prepare AutoCAD and BIM drawings based on prototypical designs and redline mark-ups.
- Prepare structural plans, details and sections for steel, masonry and concrete buildings.
- Coordinate and work with architects and engineers on various design teams.
- Review shop drawing submittals
- Occasional site visits during the construction phase to observe progress and compliance with plans.
- Associates Degree in CAD Technology with 10 years overall experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD 2008 or later is required.
- Must be a self-starter, able to start new projects with a minimum of direction.
- Experience with conceptual, preliminary and final system design, and preparation of construction drawings and specifications for buildings or other structures.
- BIM (Revit) experience is required.
- Experience working as a part of a multi-discipline design team.
- Computer literacy including MS Word and MS Excel preferred
- Directly communicate comfortably and effectively with clients.
Leidos Overview:Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets.
Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2014, 10:08:14 AM
Primary Location: USA-MN-ST. PAUL MN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Consulting, Drafting, CAD, Technology, Engineering