Graphics Software Engineer
Leidos currently has an opening for a Graphics Software Engineer. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic team that develops and produces state-of-the-art training and visual simulation systems.
Candidate will develop software as part of the team creating three dimensional graphics systems including a submarine periscope simulation, a submarine bridge simulation, and a ship weapons simulation. This code is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written in C++ and Java, utilizing various software packages. Software development will include designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. Candidate will develop sophisticated, real-time software to enhance the fidelity of the visual simulation. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements, such as ocean wave models.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 15% of the job.
Education and Experience:
BS degree or higher, in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience.
US citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
● Candidate should have 4+ years of experience developing applications in C++.
● 1+ years developing within a Unix/Linux environment.
● Ability to adhere to identified coding standards.
● Previous experience working with version control systems.
● Strong knowledge of data structures.
● Active DoD Secret clearance.
● Experience with physics-based modeling and visual simulation systems, or real time graphics programming.
● Experience with OpenGL/GLSL.
● Experience with OpenSceneGraph, Ogre, Delta3D, or similar engines.
● Experience with scripting languages such as Python or bash.
● Experience with developing for commercial Virtual Reality headsets.
● Experience with HLA/RTI systems
● Exposure to 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, or similar modeling tools.
● Knowledge of graphics hardware and GPU internals.
● Experience with high performance computing.
● Exposure to unit testing, continuous integration and code reviews
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.