Virtual Reality Scenario Developer
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an immediate opportunity for a Virtual Reality Scenario Developer supporting simulation programs to work in our Orlando, FL office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping with a wide range of complex virtual simulation software programs. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, energetic, eager to learn and comfortable working in a peer-to-peer environment. General responsibilities include: creating and maintain scenarios for use with the virtual simulation. The position requires working under immediate supervision and reports to a manager.
· Design, modify, develop, implement, and test Virtual Reality Scenarios under the direction of a senior software and/or test engineer.
· Work with team members to support scenario development.
· Support the design of software test criteria and verify functionality and performance.
· Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and verification of software.
· Support installation efforts that will require travel CONUS and OCONUS.
· Support design documentation development.
· Establishing, maintaining, and improving scenario development approaches
· Eliciting scenario content requirements from the customer
· Designing scenario content based on customer input and sets of functional requirements
· Creating and testing scenarios utilizing program specific tools
· Demonstrating scenarios to the customer
· Modifying scenarios based on issues identified and customer comments
· Maintaining the existing and newly created scenarios across software builds
· Test legacy scenarios for suitability with current program efforts
· Supporting the test team execution of tests as requested
· Able to work in a fast-paced production environment with ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
· Provides documentation of work and results.
· Maintains a schedule related to assigned task status and completion dates.
· Able to travel to customer locations to support contractual commitments including data collection, program reviews, software development, software deliveries, installation and test.
· Support and utilize defined processes and procedures to facilitate program objectives.
· Provide customers with exceptional support.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
· Bachelor's degree and 2 years’ experience in simulation scenario creation; or completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelor's or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
· Knowledge of simulation scenario development including image generation and dynamic terrain
· Strong knowledge of MS Windows environments
· Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
· Candidate must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with multiple contractors, government agencies and other mission planning stakeholders
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
· Knowledge of collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and Microsoft Sharepoint
· Knowledge of Army Driver and Operator Standardization Program
· Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
· Experience with C#, C++ or Java is desired.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.