Sr Firewall Engineer\Admin
The Health Products and Solutions Group is currently seeing a Sr Firewall Engineer/Admin to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
This position is for a Senior Firewall Engineer\Administrator working with a team of Information Security professionals supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This team is responsible for the installation, administration, and monitoring of a diverse suite of security tools within multiple datacenters. The position requires an individual with a record of success as a team member and motivator and may provide work direction and guidance to other personnel.
A successful candidate will:
· Work with stakeholders to review and implement security policy on firewall devices
· Design, implement, and maintain security standards/policies/procedures.
· Participate in security zone architecture and on-going design changes to ensure adequate security protections while enabling business value and outcomes.
· Implement designed solutions including device configurations while following a change management processes
The candidate must be a self-starter, a disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity. Ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct are an absolute must.
external referral eligible
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
· The successful candidate is must have extensive experience with firewalls and an in-depth understanding of computer/network security concepts, VPNs, proxies, and networking.
· Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions.
· Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
· Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
· Must have the ability to analyze information from multiple sources and apply it to the operational environment in developing and maintaining the security posture of the network
· Experience with IPSEC, VPN, and SSL
· Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks
· Experience configuring/administrating various firewall technologies including: Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto.
· Exposure to Websense proxy configuration and management and RSA 2-factor authentication.
· Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills and strong attention to detail.
· Experience as mentor\team lead providing work direction and guidance to other personnel.
· Industry Security Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, GSEC, CISSP, GCIA, GCFW, or other security certifications)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.