Lead Field Engineer - OCONUS
JOB DESCRIPTION: We are looking for a lead engineer to join our international team in an exciting OCONUS location. The team is made up of highly technical and motivated individuals. This lead engineer position is a critical position and the candidate will be required to drive vision in order to promote continued program success and growth. The engineer for this role will provide leadership and creativity in research, design, development and implementation of solutions to complex problems. As such, this individual must be an independent thinker and excellent problem solver.
This position will require use of both demonstrated leadership and technical skills. A variety of skills from the following disciplines is desired:
• Electrical Engineering
• Network Engineering
• System Administration
• Systems Engineering
• Requirements Analysis
The entire program is made up of several teams located in various remote locations in varying time zones. As a result, the engineer must have excellent communication skills and be flexible with regards to team work and tasking. A demonstrated ability to perform in cross-functional teams in order to achieve results in a timely manner is desired.
Previous experience with representing a company in a professional and assertive manner is also desired as this position will involve daily interactions with a wide variety of senior level personnel.
This position will require working for 1-2 months in Herndon, Virginia beginning Sept 2017 prior to relocating overseas on a long term international assignment from Fall 2017 until 12/31/2020 (3 year assignment dependent upon successful program re-compete). Relocation costs to OCONUS location are included.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Applicants should have knowledge and hands-on experience in a majority of the following areas:
• Circuit Design
• RF Design
• Linux (Ubuntu) system administration to include ability to manage offline operating system repositories, apply operating system updates, provide support for virtual machines and troubleshoot Linux issues
• Scripting experience (ability to create new scripts in languages like Python, Perl as well as troubleshoot issues with existing scripts)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must as direct customer interaction is a key component of this position.
Additionally, it would be beneficial for the candidate to possess the following skills:
• WAN and LAN design and installation
• Cisco Routers
• Cisco Switches
• Cisco ASA
• CCNA and CISSP certifications
• Network configuration and design
• pfSense Firewalls
• T1/E1/PRI lines
• Microwave WAN installation
• Land mobile radio systems
• PBX installation and configuration
• Working knowledge of Visio
Due to the nature of the work environment some physical activity is required for this job. The following are physical requirements that a candidate must possess:
• Ascend/descend 4 to 5 flights of stairs, while at times being required to carry a box weighing between 40 and 50 pounds.
• Ascend/descend a ladder, as well as work off of a ladder.
• Be able to position self to maintain hardware in the lab as well as at the field sites, including under desks and in closets.
• Ability to drive a total of 5 hours in one day; this includes both the drive to a field site as well as back from the field site at the end of the work day.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.