Responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of one or more operating systems. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades. Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
Performs a variety of moderately complex assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems. Sets up and maintains computer systems. Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems. Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing. Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of software. Investigates and selects methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Performs preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems. Administers systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules. May interface with vendors for trouble calls.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Related technical discipline and 5+ years of operating systems experience, to include Microsoft and Linux OS. Experience with MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interface with a wide variety of personnel.
- Candidate must have Security+ certification prior to performance start date
- Candidate must have a SECRET clearance to access the classified network prior to performance start date.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline and 3+ years of operating systems experience.
- 5+ years experience of military service
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.