Responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of one or more operating systems. Duties may include performing tasks relating to Database Management System (DBMS) applications, including definition, design, structure, documentation, upgrades, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and protection. Duties may include entering and reviewing data within the database, ensuring user data integrity, maintaining database support tools, database tables and dictionaries, recovery and back-up procedures, and making recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
Performs a variety of moderately complex assignments associated with simulation and training database management systems. Performs preventive maintenance on database systems as well as repair to system/environment problems, to include software patching and security updates. Works with customers and supervisors on database simulations. May interface with vendors for trouble calls.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Related technical discipline and 4+ years of operating systems experience, to include Microsoft and Linux OS. Experience with MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to interface with a wide variety of personnel.
- Candidate must have Security+ certification prior to performance start date
- Candidate must have a SECRET clearance to access the classified network prior to performance start date.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree in related technical discipline and 3+ years of systems experience.
- 5+ years military service
- 3 years of modeling and simulation database experience
- Familiarity with WARSIM, JCATS, ONESAF, BCS
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.