Leidos is looking for Data Scientist with these skills:
- Ability to build statistical models, test hypotheses, visualize, summarize, interpret, and report on data holdings. Perform research on social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) using quantitative and qualitative content analytics. Plan, organize, arrange, and implement training and outreach activities for various projects and programs across the larger data science community within Leidos and our customers.
- data manipulation, analytic tools, and data visualization
- constructing and performing complex database search queries
- computer science concepts and data content
- programming or statistics
Experience with a statistical package (e.g. SPSS, R, or SAS)
Social network and link analysis tools (e.g. NodeXL, Palantir)
Foreign language experience is a plus
"External Referral Eligible"
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline and 8+ years’ experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.