Serve as Software Developer within a dedicated team supporting the government customer. Routinely interface with the Leidos Program Manager, Program Engineers, and Government Representatives. The successful candidate will be able to work both independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a team environment. The candidate will be responsible for developing and/or modifying tools and applications to support the customer mission, as well as documenting processes and developing methodologies to streamline information generation and dissemination. The candidate should be comfortable with learning new technology, developing test procedures, and documenting findings and recommendations.
- The candidate will interact with customers to understand and develop appropriate software tools and modify existing applications and tools to update or improve capabilities.
- Work with Existing Databases, Amazon Web Services and similar cloud services, and other relevant software to support Geospatial data production processes.
- Recommendations for how to streamline the production, as well as the development of a centralized content management role will be provided. System architectures and research findings will be documented.
- Upon management and government approval of system design, the candidate will work with other Engineers to implement the test procedures. All findings will be documented and presented to management and government representatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of GIS data production processes, tools, able to create training material and train individuals for GIS production.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Geography, GIS, or related discipline or equivalent systems and work experience. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
**External Referral Eligible**
- Ability to use Python, web-scraping technologies, html, and Java script are preferred.
- Familiarity with commercial and open-source geospatial products such Esri ArcGIS and Google Earth.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.