Service Worker, Maintenance -Janitor (NCI)
The Facilities Maintenance and Engineering (FME) Directorate is responsible for laboratory and administrative space, infrastructure, campus landscape, and planning, design, and construction management activities at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
Leidos Biomed has an immediate need for several Service Worker openings at our locations in Frederick, Maryland.
The Service Worker will:
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties in laboratory and office areas
- Clean and wash windows, woodwork, furniture, floor coverings, fixtures stairwells, fire doors, bath-and restrooms
- Vacuum, dust and wet mop floors, spray buff, strip and refinish floors, clean carpets
- Operate autoclaves
- Operate industrial power equipment
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Completion of 8th grade
- Operate industrial power equipment used for cleaning
- Read and understand written instructions
- Perform physical duties including-lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Duties include walking, standing, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, and working in confined areas, potential exposure to particulates, vapors or noisy environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge of stripping and waxing procedures for hard surfaced floors
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.