Unix/Linux Solutions Architect
the health products and Solution group currently has an opening for a Unix/Linux Architect to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
You will work as a consultative team member within the CTO Office supporting IT infrastructure design, implementation, enhancements and integrations. You must work with different support teams, business process teams and program management teams to analyze customer’s business goals, objectives, needs and general business environment to solve technical problems. Specific duties include
- Facilitate cross functional work groups across the organization to provide design/architectural reviews
- Lead root cause analysis teams
- Design and develop systems spanning IT operations, administration, networks, infrastructures and datacenters.
- Oversee the planning and execution of technology operational changes, support enhancements, decommissions and maintenance to meet contractual needs
- Consult with appropriate management staff to clarify system and program requirements
- Lead cross functional teams to develop proposals, basis of estimates and bill of materials. Responsible for ensuring completeness of proposal submission
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Expertise in RedHat Linux (RHCA or RHCE preferred)
- Expertise in WebSphere Application Service
- Expertise in Solaris
- Project Management experience
- Expertise in virtual infrastructure
- Experience designing environments with VMWare vSphere, storage virtualization and capacity management
- Designing environments that include SAN technology
- Enterprise architecture
- Hyperconverge Infrastructure
- Process/Procedure/SOP development
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.