The Health Products and Solutions Operation currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Rockville, MD. This position is contingent on contract award.
Provide Backup and Storage engineering support.
Backup and Storage engineering applies to Attached Storage (all storage used to store end user data that is directly attached to a physical application server) and Shared Storage (a centralized and consolidated storage environment for end user data and includes Storage Area Network (SAN), and Network Attached Storage (NAS)).
Provide backup and storage engineering support for the Shared Storage Services infrastructure as a centralized, integrated, tiered repository for customer-supported user data.
Support the refresh of the government-furnished backup and storage assets based on customer's standard refresh cycle.
Develop and deliver recommendations on the Backup and Storage Architecture.
Develop and deliver plans on shared storage consolidation and Application Server migration to Shared Storage environment on an annual basis.
Develop and deliver a Backup and Storage Services refresh plan on an annual basis.
evelop and deliver plans for meeting customer-managed Backup and Storage demands.
Develop and deliver plans to add additional Shared Storage.
Design, test, and support implementation of approved updates to the Backup and Storage Services architecture.
Design and support implementation of backup and storage consolidation based on approved recommendations.
Support the deployment, management, communication, and reporting on activities related to government-furnished Backup and Storage Services asset refreshes; deliver monthly status report.
Design and support the implementation of Backup and Storage provisioning and allocation processes based on approved policies.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five (5) years of general experience. Six (6) years of general experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree. With a Master’s degree, three (3) years of general experience is required. With a PhD, one (1) year of general experience is required.
9+ years’ experience with systems and storage support with experience in the following areas
• Advanced knowledge and experience managing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise-level backup environments with Avamar.
• Advanced knowledge and experience managing large scale storage environments with multiple petabytes of storage across the enterprise.
• 3+ years of experience managing a multiple vendor storage environment, including HP, EMC, and / or DDN.
• Advanced knowledge and experience implementing and maintaining a multi-tiered storage environment including SAN, NAS, and DAS platforms.
• Demonstrable ability to provide project and operational support of key storage systems such as: EMC VMAX, VNX, Data Domain, HP 3PAR and NetApp
• Strong experience working with storage in a UNIX/Linux environment
• Experience managing storage and replication in a VMWare vSphere virtualized/Cloud environment
• Experience in SAN Fabric maintenance, including array and fiber switch administration.
• Must be a US citizen.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.