Service Desk Specialist
Leidos is currently looking for a Service Desk Specialist in Fort Gordon, GA. This position is in support of the I2TS-3 contract.
Our Service Desk Specialist will provide the Service Desk with subject matter expert capability to administer and maintain Windows desktop operating system and VMWare. The Service Desk Specialist will also monitor performance, ensure connectivity, and assist in the development and implementation of a service request management system and answer service requests to troubleshoot workstations, peripherals, and phones, to include office automation software and business systems. The ideal candidate will coordinate troubleshooting procedures, install patches, software, anti-virus/anti-spyware definition files and approved images as required. The contractor shall check for unauthorized software, resolve highly complex issues (e.g., software fixes, compatibility issues, etc.), and perform work area walkthroughs as necessary to ensure compliance with Department of Army Information Assurance standards.
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests.
- Provides polite and friendly customer service
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools.
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self help capability
- HSD or GED with 8 years of relevant experience OR Associate's Degree with 6 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor's Degree with 4 years of relevant experience OR Master's Degree with 2 years of relevant experience, OR PhD.
- Active TS/SCI
- 85570.01M IAT Level II - Must have one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCP
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.